Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Figure another week or two, at least, until I can have my bike put back together.

I feel bad for complaining, because after all, this was a self-imposed, good cause project on my bike, but I've been riding for nearly half a decade nearly every day, and this must be the longest I've been off my bike (winters including!). I've highsided off a motorcycle in one day, and literally back on two wheels the next day to have lunch with a riding friend. It's killing me that I can't ride, and it's killing me that I'm complaining I can't ride.

I know, I know, woe is me. But riding's been such an integral part of my daily life, it can't be helped but feel the absence of it now.

Man. Heaven forbid I name my first-born "Yamaha" or "R1."

I think I'll pull the silver tongue out and see if I can get a loaner bike from someone.