Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Do Not Go Quietly Into the Night

No matter what you do, no matter how little or common it may seem, TRY your damnedest to make it a hell of a ride. :)

In writing this entry, it means I've somewhat found some time and room to actually breathe, sit, think, remember, and then write about the craaazy two weeks that have just passed.

Yes, Belle and I got married the other weekend, but let's go a little bit further back than that.

Last year I was a best man for the very first time in my life for my cousin Jeff's wedding, which meant for the first time, I had to plan a bachelor party. I was freaking petrified. Not only did I not know the first thing about throwing a bachelor party, I had to throw it for a gang of Army veterans!

Whatever. Head in, balls out, fuck it attitude, and go for it.

Turns out, unless them Army boys were just being polite in patting me on the back when it was all over, it was a pretty epic bachelor party that included alcohol, a stretched SUV, alcohol in the stretched SUV, a gentleman's club, alcohol in the gentleman's club, a dildo in a blind-folded Jeff's mouth, more alcohol in the stretched SUV, three buckets of chicken wings, alcohol in Jeff's house, two private dancers in Jeff's house, and alcohol ON the private dancers in Jeff's house.

Innocence was ravaged on that epic night.

It was sooo good, it was partially the reason I didn't care to have a bachelor party for myself a year later for my upcoming wedding; I just didn't think it could get any better than that.

Lo and behold, I was wrong.



Take Yamaha, add it to Zoom Zoom Trackdays, and mix them both in at Laguna Seca for two days, and I had the quintessential Dennis bachelor party a quintessential Dennis could ask for. :)

Three days before my wedding (you read that right), I was at Laguna Seca as a participant in Yamaha's owner appreciation track days hosted by Zoom Zoom Trackdays. In the world-class racing circuit Laguna Seca. For 70-freaking-5 dollars per day! Normally I wouldn't brag about anything money, but when Laguna's regular track day rate averages $300/day, you've got to brag when you pay about 25% of that!



Laying down some track rubber for next month's MotoGP!

And to make it that much sweeter, throw in my good friend Rob who joined me for both days, even though he didn't own a Yamaha (!). Perks of being in the motorcycle service industry is you can just buy one at your whim, which is exactly what Rob did, just to be able to ride Laguna. I'd like to say he did that though cause it was my bachelor party :). Even one of my sisters and her boyfriend passed by, and FINALLY got to see what a trackday is, after the last three years I've been at it. She expressed her newfound appreciation for my hobby, which I appreciated myself. :)


My motley cru. :)


I really couldn't and still can't think of a better way to have spent my last days as a full-pledge bachelor, without crossing fantastical. I am so thankful to be surrounded with so many understanding and support friends and family; any other man might have been put on a straight-jacket for even thinking about spending a day flirting with Death at triple-digit speed, much less two days!


This is a portrait of a man who can die happy!

More importantly, I am eternaly grateful and indubitably blessed to have the love and trust of a woman who doesn't let her own fears get in the way of even my own happiness. I liken her to my own personal guardian angel, even when I taunt Death.

Kids, when you find a woman like I did with Belle, who will let you stick a red-hot poker on an already pissed-of and misandrist bull, days - nay! - HOURS before your wedding, yes, you better marry that girl.

You would be lucky to marry that girl.

Me? Well, of course I married her.



It's the least I can do. ;)