Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Will Always Find Me in the Corner of "No Regrets" and "With Reason"


I don't typically post a photo of anything I haven't already bought or installed on my bike, unless for reference. But this time it's a bit different.


That's an actual photo of a pair of Ohlins superbike forks (FG470) being offered to me for less than a third of what their retail were ($10k - $12k?), shipped from the UK. Normal me would be posting these photos right now too, but writing instead that "I just bought them and they're on their way, woo-hoo!" But within the next month, my first child is due to be born, so I'm not really my normal self this time out.

Before I got the pair of Ohlins FG43 forks currently fitted in my bike, I swear I would've never thought the day would come that I would actually score a pair of them for my bike. I swear. So imagine how I feel when these forks are being laid on my lap.

I'm basically in between the nexus of No Regrets, and With Reason.

So I wanted to make this entry and post these photos up anyway, either as a reminder of the time when I said "no regrets," and purchased them.

Or the time when I was "with reason," and this was the closest I got to ever having them on my bike.

I'll know which soon enough.











P.S.
Fuck you, temptation. Very much.