Thursday, September 3, 2015

Year of the Philippines - Pasalubong

This entry has been stalled for a couple of months now. Actually, longer. When I came back from my trip to the Philippines, I didn't want to write about it right away. I wanted for time to pass until I was back from one of the most profound adventures I have undertaken. So I started writing this in July.

But I had so much to write about trying to describe the experience that I couldn't put into words as I was experiencing it, I had to stop in the midst of the entry to come back and finish it. I couldn't finish it in one sitting. That was back on July 20th.

Well it's actually September now with me writing this. And I scrapped everything I had written previously. It dawned on me how futile it is to put into words what I already deemed indescribable. It was a complete emotional journey for me, emotions that I don't think I'll ever forget, and so I won't need a transcription to remind me of it time and again.

I'll never forget it.

So instead, I'll just immortalize the few photos I took during the trip at random, for what's a photo worth anyway if not a thousand words?