Friday, August 15, 2008

How Much Would You Pay?

Here's a different kind of adventure.

The picture below is my trusted trailer that I've used in the last six trackdays I've done, but as of this morning I've put it up for sale (and my car as well) so I can take the next logical step and buy a pick-up truck.




I didn't even get to walk away from the computer after I posted the ad, and I already have a guy over 60 miles away who offered to pick it up, guaranteed. So I said "ok." Go for a short ride, come back home, and I find 9 voicemails on my phone, all for the trailer. Deleted all of them except for the one guy who said the magic words: I'm willing to pay more for it, and will pick it up in 15 minutes. So I call him to find out, and let's just say that between buyer #1 and buyer #2, the last bid for the trailer came out to $350.

I posted it for $200.

Alas, I'm a man of my word, so despite me entertaining the higher price I can get for it, I decided to keep my word with buyer #1 after he offered $250. Buyer #2 will just have to pray that buyer #1 is a flaker.

I've always said that in the world of all things moto, you've got to try and gather as much good karma as you can.