Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Used to Have this Sticker...

...that said "Lead me not to temptation, I can find the way myself."

Yet it seems with all things moto, good deals just happen to find me when I'm not looking for them.


A 2005 Yamaha R1 with:

Gear Indicator
Ohlins Steering Damper
Gilles Rearsets
Yoshimura Exhausts
Gilles Chain Adjusters w/ Superbike lifters
Pazzo Levers
Steel Braided Front brake lines
etc.

Lowsided on Turn 4 at Thunderhill, so it will need a front fairing, fairing stay, headlights, and ram air ducts. If those parts are replaced, this bike can be flipped and sold for even more than what it's being offered to me.

But do you know what I see when I look at the bike? My next track bike.

I know, I know, I do love the R6 still as it's a phenomenal track bike, but just by the plain virtue of this R1's price, I really can't pass it up.

It's still a clean titled, street-registered machine, being offered for just $3000.

I could price my R6 for a quick-sell at that price, if not more.

Now you see?