Saturday, March 28, 2009

And Here We Go

Started off this year's track season on the 26th, a day before my birthday, in an all-out style by having a personal "open" trackday in Thunderhill, my favorite track.

I thought I'd be a little rusty coming off of the off-season, but damn did it feel good to not only get back in the groove, but hammer it even further than I did when I closed out last season. If the coming track days this season (I've already got 3 days locked) compares to the opener, then it'll be an even better season.







Even my R1 got to come out and run laps on a real track, which was bitter-sweet. Sweet that I finally got to run it hard like it ought to be, but bitter cause it made me realize how much I DON'T want to ride it on the track unless I have to. Jumping from the R6 to the R1, you immediately notice the difference between the two, and have to be mindful of switching your riding style to compensate. I'm thoroughly convinced that the R1 to me is better suited for my purposes in the street, which is funny because I've been convinced that there's nothing better for the track than the R6 (which I think is horrible for the street).







This season the goal is to go even faster that my elbows would be dragging too!

(Just kidding.)

(I think.)