Thursday, March 19, 2009

Easy Come, Easy Go

Sold the dirtbike earlier this week.


As soon as I bought it over three weeks ago, I got home and posted ads for both the R1 and the R6 to sell to move one of them out of my garage (because I'm nuts about having more than two bikes at a time), and whichever one would sell first, goes. Unfortunately, while both got a lot of inquiries, neither one was sold sooner than I had hoped to keep me from going insane, so I ended up posting the dirt bike for sale too just like the other two. An hour after I posted, I got a call for it. Then the guy came by the night after and picked it up.

So now things are back to "normal," with just the R6 and the R1 in my garage. The other upside is I have a trackday on the 26th, so my off-season insanity should subside by then as riding season is upon us again.

But I did so like that dirt bike, and I did so like dirt biking. It's good to know that dirt biking a cheaper form of motorsport than road bikes, cause I take consolation in the fact that I can always turn around and pick up a dirt bike when I want (and if I have room for a 2nd bike, or no longer crazy about having a 3rd one). That's why I still have all the dirt gear I bought, cause I KNOW I'm coming back to it.

In the meantime, I can't wait to be riding the track again, and I'm also moving along with my plans to finish what somebody started with the mods on my R1...

...which is why a Vortex Billet Aluminum Upper Clamp and a set of 17" Marchesini Forged Aluminum Wheels are currently on the way.